Start a new topic
Answered

PRINTER OFFLINE

Help, we cannot bring our printer sg400 back online. anyone has the same problem ?

Best Answer

Hello I do apologize that you are getting kicked offline. I wanted to take this opportunity to explain the wifi connection. When connecting your SG500 or SG1000 printer to your network wirelessly, a few things should be kept in mind:

• Distance from printer to router does make a difference. The further the device is from the router, the less strength the connection will have. Obstructions, such as walls, appliances, etc will also impact the connection strength.
  • Wireless radio frequency is important. Your SG500 or SG1000 operate on the 2.4ghz frequency. This allows for further distance, but somewhat slower maximum throughput over 5ghz. NOTE: If you are operating on a 5ghz-only frequency, your printer will not locate your network. Almost all wireless routers offer dual-band radios. You must ensure you are utilizing the 2.4ghz frequency.

Your internal network, where your computer(s) and printer(s) reside, is not the same thing as your internet connection. For example, if you were to remove your internet connection cable from your wall (effectively severing your connection to the Internet), your printer(s) and other device(s) would continue to communicate with one another, so long as none of that requires a connection to the outside world. What this means is that your Internet connection speed will not have any effect on the performance of your printer when printing wirelessly. Factors that can, however, have an affect on this performance will be the number of devices currently transmitting data, as well as the amount of data being transferred between devices. If you are ever offline, you wont need to reinstall, the first troubleshooting step I would take would be to restart the computer and the printer, sometimes this will help reconnected the printer should it ever come offline. 

To address the printing directly to photoshop issue, you can print directly to the printer if you want, that is totally your choice, however we can not ensure you will get the correct colors if you are not using the Sawgrass Print Manager. If you are having issues with the Print Manager, please let me know and I will be sure to get a support ticket going for you. 

Same!   Ready to throw this across the room.  Any help would be appreciated!

2 people like this

Debeirine I have created ticket 103920 for you. 

Avalonanew I have created ticket 103921 for you

ok, im having this issue now. it shows offline. i cannot do anything to fix this.... please help!

Bravographictees   I have created ticket 104436 for you. 

Having same trouble and after everything with this switch over I am just at my sanity’s end
It keeps asking me to set up a new printer but then does not offer SG400 in the options...

Jayne Baun, it sounds like you may have a corrupted install. Are you on a windows or Mac? 

oh christ !! spent 3 hours this morning with "printer offline" (not the first time) then I bought a new cable and it worked. but maybe i did something else before i got the new cable.

Susanmdurcan Did you still need any assistance?

I been trying not to give up, my printer is offline again. I feel like we pay so much money for  something that doesn't work, this is so frustrating specially when we have orders to do. 

2 people like this

Patty6760  If for some reason the print is not going to the printer, it could be for a number of reason.

• Check that the Sawgrass Print Manager is running. You will only be able to print through the Sawgrass Print manager if it is running. This is because it is constantly scanning for new files to print in the background. On Windows, the PM icon will be displayed down at the bottom right, in the hidden icons.

• Check that the printer is online and that there are no errors on the printer LCD panel. If the printer is offline  If the printer is in an error state or if the printer menu is open, the printer will show as being offline. If the printer is offline, the printer icon will be greyed out in the devices and printers or it will show as offline in the Printers & Scanners list.

If the printer is showing as offline:

• Check that the "Use printer offline " option is not checked.
    To check this, go to the settings and select Printers & Scanners. Then select the Sawgrass printer driver and click on Open Queue.

Click on Printer and un-check Use printer Offline if it is checked.

I'm so unbelievably disappointed! I have only printed one thing!! And TROUBLE all READY! Ridiculous!

OFFLINE and NOTHING I do will fix it. Thanks for ruining my plans for a cute Halloween onesie for my grandson.  

Tammyhall8911, I am sorry to hear that your printer is offline. Can you please tell me if you are using a windows or mac? 

Login to post a comment