Start a new topic
Answered

Cannot install the Sawgrass Print Manager

HI All,

I keep getting the message “Sawgrass Print Manager.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software when I click on Sawgrass Print Manager.pkg. This is when I use the Control key and select open, or when I just click on it. My OS is 10.15.6. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

Hi  Misskayceejo  The first thing I would check is that you have the exact same credentials for both Creative Studio and Sawgrass Print Manager. Try the following steps and let me know if that helps at all.

Log out of Sawgrass Print Manager from the Print Manager window https://supportdesk.sawgrassink.com/en/support/solutions/articles/65000151136-print-manager-menu-printer-utilities

Log out of Creative Studio

Clear your cookies a cache

Log back into Sawgrass Print Manager and Creative Studio using the exact same credentials.

Try using a different web browser

When downloading and installing Sawgrass Print Manager on MacOS for the first time, you may run into an issue where the installer will return an error regarding inability to check for malicious software.

Note: This will only affect users of MacOS 10.15 Catalina or later.
This issue will be resolved entirely in a future Sawgrass Print Manager release.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, please follow the steps outlined below:

1) Right click on the .pkg file, and choose Open.

2) Once you have done so, you will see an error similar to the one depicted at the top of this article. You will now, however, see an Open option which will allow you to proceed with installation:

If you experience any issues with the installation after following these instructions, please reach out and we will be happy to assist.

I cant get this to install!!!!!!!!

It never connects.  I have a job to do.  This is so frustrating.  Why cant you answer the phone so people can get help.  These printers are not cheap.  They should work!!

Please help

Hi Shayna,

Thanks for your help. I was doing the right click thing before (tried several times) and it just would not work. However, after a good old computer off and on, I right clicked on the .pkg file again and all was well - installation complete. Now is there any way to get the SG500 to work on her old iMac, running on OS 10.11.6 -it is sitting on the same wired network?

Hi Terry,

The SG500 will not work properly with mac versions below 10.14. Try upgrading your mac to at least a 10.14, if you still have issues after that create a support ticket and we can help you. 

Lesnett.t  - The Technical Support Representative has reached out to you. 

I purchased the new Forever paper.  I have the SG800 and need to download the VPM but I cannot find it.

Can you direct me to where I can download it?

Elvasews , you can download Sawgrass Print Manager here : https://www.sawgrassink.com/software 

I had the same issue. I've installed the software on my MAC...I've used it before and now it won't recognize the printer. Look at photo attached. Please help.

Answer

Hi  Misskayceejo  The first thing I would check is that you have the exact same credentials for both Creative Studio and Sawgrass Print Manager. Try the following steps and let me know if that helps at all.

Log out of Sawgrass Print Manager from the Print Manager window https://supportdesk.sawgrassink.com/en/support/solutions/articles/65000151136-print-manager-menu-printer-utilities

Log out of Creative Studio

Clear your cookies a cache

Log back into Sawgrass Print Manager and Creative Studio using the exact same credentials.

Try using a different web browser

it keep saying please wait while the sawgrass print manager is installing but it never get pass there it just stop  

Amgggron08dlr  what is your operating system ( mac or win) and the version you are using? Also, what model printer do you have? 

Hi, was wondering is someone could help me I have a new laptop, and am trying to install my printer onto this laptop however once I've gone through all the steps it comes back as its been unable to install. 

any ideas what I'm doing wrong? 
Login to post a comment