Start a new topic
Answered

Short term storage of SG400

Good day. I am searching for recommendations on how I should go about preparing  the SG400 for storage of either 2 weeks or 2 months. 

I am emigrating and will either air-freight (2 week process) or sea-freight (2 month process) the printer to my new home. 

I would like to know what steps to follow to prepare the printer for this time it will be switched off so that I do not have any problems when I unpack and use after transporting it. 

Many thanks. 

Best Answer

Good day to you as well. If you are going to have the printer in storage I would recommend that you take the

ink carts out of the printer. I would also recommend that you store the printer in a humidity controlled

environment. While the printer is turned off the ink may dry out so when you turn the printer back on

perform several head cleanings and head flushes. If you have any issues printing please contact us to 

further troubleshoot. 

1 Comment

Answer

Good day to you as well. If you are going to have the printer in storage I would recommend that you take the

ink carts out of the printer. I would also recommend that you store the printer in a humidity controlled

environment. While the printer is turned off the ink may dry out so when you turn the printer back on

perform several head cleanings and head flushes. If you have any issues printing please contact us to 

further troubleshoot. 

Login to post a comment