Start a new topic
Answered

Rude awakening using non-Sawgrass Ink

I researched the printer I wanted and found a Virtuoso 800 locally, used. Came with paper and ink.... albeit non sawgrass ink. I was able to print a t shirt, no problem. Got my mugs today and created a mug design, but when I printed, it's like seeing it all behind a chain link fence. Wish I would have known before I wasted paper and ink....

Best Answer

Hi  Coshoctonauctions,

Im sorry to hear that you were not aware that if you use non sawgrass ink that there will be gridlines put on the paper. We do have this information listed in our user agreement when downloading the Sawgrass Print Manager. You are free to use whatever inks you would like with the printer, the use of non-Sawgrass ink will limit your software use only. You will not be able to use the Sawgrass Print Manager or Creative Studio. You can however print directly to your printer and use any color profiles you obtain outside of Sawgrass.  

Please note that if you use non sawgrass ink you will void your warranty and we will not be able to offer support should you have any color issues. 

The use of non-genuine ink cartridges is a violation of the End User License Agreement for our software, which was agreed to upon installation (https://www.sawgrassink.com/Sawgrass/media/Documents/Software/Sawgrass-Software-End-User-License-Agreement.docx). I've included the specific excerpt mentioning this below: The SOFTWARE PRODUCT has been designed for the Sawgrass Process in combination with SubliJet, and optimum results will require this combination. Please also note that only the use of a Sawgrass ink is a licensed use under this EULA, always on condition that such ink has been purchased directly from Sawgrass or from one of its licensed distributors. Any other use (with regard to product, process and/or source of purchase)is not a licensed use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. If the Sawgrass Process is not executed in compliance with this EULA, then (a) your warranty rights may be considerably limited or excluded, (b) you will find a non removable waterprint mark appearing on the print-out, (c) and/or the color output will be less precise. You are still able to print to the printer itself without issue, but in order to continue using our software, you must be using genuine ink cartridges. This includes the Sawgrass Print Manager, as well as CreativeStudio.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi  Coshoctonauctions,

Im sorry to hear that you were not aware that if you use non sawgrass ink that there will be gridlines put on the paper. We do have this information listed in our user agreement when downloading the Sawgrass Print Manager. You are free to use whatever inks you would like with the printer, the use of non-Sawgrass ink will limit your software use only. You will not be able to use the Sawgrass Print Manager or Creative Studio. You can however print directly to your printer and use any color profiles you obtain outside of Sawgrass.  

Please note that if you use non sawgrass ink you will void your warranty and we will not be able to offer support should you have any color issues. 

The use of non-genuine ink cartridges is a violation of the End User License Agreement for our software, which was agreed to upon installation (https://www.sawgrassink.com/Sawgrass/media/Documents/Software/Sawgrass-Software-End-User-License-Agreement.docx). I've included the specific excerpt mentioning this below: The SOFTWARE PRODUCT has been designed for the Sawgrass Process in combination with SubliJet, and optimum results will require this combination. Please also note that only the use of a Sawgrass ink is a licensed use under this EULA, always on condition that such ink has been purchased directly from Sawgrass or from one of its licensed distributors. Any other use (with regard to product, process and/or source of purchase)is not a licensed use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. If the Sawgrass Process is not executed in compliance with this EULA, then (a) your warranty rights may be considerably limited or excluded, (b) you will find a non removable waterprint mark appearing on the print-out, (c) and/or the color output will be less precise. You are still able to print to the printer itself without issue, but in order to continue using our software, you must be using genuine ink cartridges. This includes the Sawgrass Print Manager, as well as CreativeStudio.