Start a new topic
Answered

Ink splatter

I am getting ink splatter around my black ink prints - see attached sample.  The other colors don't seem to be having the same issue. I have SVG400 using Sawgrass inks. I did one head cleaning. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Hi  Kris,

It looks like you need to do a printer adjustment. The printer adjustments are separated into three parts, these are Registration, Paper feed and Head Position. These three controls where the print starts and ends as well as how much the paper is fed during each pass of the print head. If the adjustments are incorrect this can result in one or more of the following.

• Skewed Prints
  • Ghosting
  • Double printing
  • Patchy/streaky images
  • Banding (White horizontal lines evenly down the page)

We recommend checking all three of these adjustments if you are any of the above issues on your print how’s. You can find details steps on how to perform each one below. 

How to perform the Registration Adjustment

How to perform the Paper Feed Adjustment

How to perform the Head Position Adjustment

If you continue to have issues after performing the adjustment, please create a support ticket here: https://supportdesk.sawgrassink.com/en/support/home 

1 Comment

Answer

Hi  Kris,

It looks like you need to do a printer adjustment. The printer adjustments are separated into three parts, these are Registration, Paper feed and Head Position. These three controls where the print starts and ends as well as how much the paper is fed during each pass of the print head. If the adjustments are incorrect this can result in one or more of the following.

• Skewed Prints
  • Ghosting
  • Double printing
  • Patchy/streaky images
  • Banding (White horizontal lines evenly down the page)

We recommend checking all three of these adjustments if you are any of the above issues on your print how’s. You can find details steps on how to perform each one below. 

How to perform the Registration Adjustment

How to perform the Paper Feed Adjustment

How to perform the Head Position Adjustment

If you continue to have issues after performing the adjustment, please create a support ticket here: https://supportdesk.sawgrassink.com/en/support/home