In most circumstances, you will need to uncap the print head in order to view or clean the capping station. There are two ways of uncapping the print head depending on whether the printer is in ready state or whether it is displaying an error.
If the printer is in a ready state, you may perform the following:
- Send a nozzle check to the printer
- Whilst it is printing, disconnect the power cable
- You may now move the print over to the left hand side
If the printer is displaying an error, you may perform the following:
- Power the printer off
- Power the printer on, during the initial start up, the print head will be uncapped
- Disconnect the power cable.
- You should now be able to move the print head over to the left