When downloading and installing Sawgrass Print Manager on MacOS for the first time, you may run into an issue where the installer will return an error ("Sawgrass Print Manager.pkg" cant be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software) regarding inability to check for malicious software.
Note: This will only affect users of MacOS 10.15 Catalina or later.
There are two methods you can use in order to bypass this security warning.
Method 1: To resolve this issue, please follow the steps outlined below:
1) Depending on your hardware:
- Right click (if double button mouse) on the .pkg file, and choose Open.
- Ctrl+Click (if single button mouse) on the .pkg file, and choose Open.
- Two-finger click on trackpad (if using trackpad-enabled device) on the .pkg file, and choose Open.
2) Once you have done so, you will see an error similar to the one depicted at the top of this article. You will now, however, see an Open option which will allow you to proceed with installation:
Method 2: To resolve this issue, please follow the steps outlined below:
If you experience any issues with the installation after following these instructions, please reach out and we will be happy to assist.