A Serious Failure error displayed in VSM is usually caused by a hardware component that either needs cleaning or is faulty.
There are a couple of errors that you can resolves yourself.
ERR 66, 68, 70, 72, 74, 92
These errors are related to the carriage system and can be caused by the Y-rail or T-Fence (horizontal encoder). In an attempt to resolve the error, we would recommend performing the following:
- Check for any damage or blockage around the print head and carriage rail.
- Clean and grease the Y-Rail
- Check that the print head stays capped to the right hand side
- Clean the T-Fence. We recommend carefully cleaning it along its entire width with a lint free cloth and a bit of alcohol or Clean60. You will also need to uncap the print head and clean the area of the T-Fence located behind the capping area. Whilst cleaning it, please also check for any damage or buckles on the encoder.
ERR 65, 67, 69, 71, 73
These errors are related the paper feed system and can be caused by a paper jam or Paper Feed encoder. In an attempt to resolve the error, we would recommend performing the following:
- Check for any damage or blockage around to the left of the printer and around the Paper Feed system.
- Check and clean the Paper Feed encoder. The PF encoder is a circular semi transparent wheel located to the left hand side of the printer. Similar to the T-Fence/Horizontal encoder, it will need cleaning with a lint free cloth and a bit of alcohol or Clean60.
If the Serious Failure error persists or is not one that is listed above, please contact Technical Support for further assistance.