Before proceeding, ensure the correct Sawgrass printer driver and Sawgrass Print Manager has been installed.
The following instructions explain how to configure CorelDRAW for use with Sawgrass Print Manager on a computer using Windows OS. Your screens and menus may differ depending on the version of software and operating system being used, but your settings will be identical.
CorelDRAW Color Setup
- Open a new document in CorelDRAW by clicking File (a) then click New (b). See Figure 1.
- In the Create a New Document window, match your settings to those shown below. See Figure 2.
a. Primary color mode: RGB
b. Rendering resolution: 300
c. Preview mode: Enhanced
d. Click the down arrow if Color settings are not visible
e. RGB profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
f. CMYK profile: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2
g. Grayscale profile: Dot Gain 20%
h. Rendering intent: Perceptual
i. Save your Preset destination: SAWGRASS
j. Click OK to continue.
- In the menu bar, click Tools (a), Color Management (b), then click Default Settings (c). See Figure 3.
- In the Default Color Management Settings window, select SAWGRASS (a) in the Presets drop-down. Confirm that your settings match those shown below, and then click OK (b). See Figure 4.
- In the menu bar, click Tools (a), Color Management (b), then Document Settings (c). See Figure 5.
- In the Document Color Settings window, match your settings to those shown below. See Figure 6.
a. Select the radio button: Assign different color profiles
b. RGB: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
c. CMYK: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2
d. Grayscale: Dot Gain 20%
e. Primary color mode: RGB
f. Rendering intent: Perceptual
g. Click OK to continue.
CorelDRAW Print Setup
- After opening or importing an image with the correct color settings entered, you are now ready to print. In the menu bar click File (a) then Print (b). See Figure 7.
- In the Print window, select Sawgrass Print Manager (a) in the Printer drop-down. Then, select CorelDRAW Defaults (b) from the Print style drop-down. See Figure 8.
- In the Print window, click the Color tab, and match your settings to those shown below. See Figure 9.
a. Select the radio button: Print composite
b. Select the radio button: Use document color settings
c. Color conversions performed by: Sawgrass Print manager
d. Correct colors using color profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
e. Rendering Intent: Perceptual
f. Click OK when you are ready to print.
If sRGB IEC61966-2.1 is not an option, please review Step 6 of this document.