The most common reason for the ValueJet Status Monitor being unable to detect or register a printer is because it is being blocked by the firewall.
In order to resolve this issue you will need to perform one of the following:
- Disable the firewall.
- Add an exception to the firewall.
This article assumes that you are using the basic Windows Firewall.
Disable the firewall
- Click on Start and type "Firewall"
- Select the option "Firewall & Network Protection"
- Select the active Network, in this instance Public.
- Set the Windows Defender Firewall slider to Off.
- VSM will now detect the printer until the Firewall is re-enabled. If VSM does still not detect the printer then the issue lies elsewhere.
Adding an exception to the Firewall.
- Perform Steps 1-3 from above.
- On Step 3 select "Allow an app through Firewall"
- Click on change settings followed by "allow another app".
- Click on Browse.
- Navigate to the location of the MUTOH Status Monitor. By default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Mutoh\MUTOH Status Monitor, then select the VSM.exe and click Open.
- Click Add.
- VSM will now appear in the list of allowed apps, click ok to close the window